The primary responsibility of a personal care aide is to assist in Activities of Daily Living, especially in personal hygiene and care. There are individuals whose ability to take care of themselves is compromised because of physical and health-related conditions. The support of a personal care aide is vital in preventing hygiene-related illnesses.
The care plan that personal care aides at Salcare Home Health Services, Inc. follows is patterned after the professional assessment carried out by RNs and from the recommendations of prescribing physicians.
Some of the responsibilities of the personal care aide include:
- Meal Preparation
- Meal Planning
- Assistance with Medication Reminders
- Mobility Assistance
- Personal Care (washing, dressing, feeding, mobility)
- If conditions permit, assist with shopping, errands, etc.
- Escorting to appointments
- Homemaking and housekeeping duties for the consumer
The range of care the Personal Care Aide provides can be:
- Planning how to implement the Plan of Care
- Queuing (Reminder) and observation
- General Supervision
- Partial Assistance
- Full Assistance
The services of a personal care aide can promote comfort, and the highest level of well-being possible, and provide companionship and assistance in a variety of ways.
Allow Us to Assist You
Quality care is our top priority. Reach out to us when you need assistance from a nurse or a home health aide. You may call 212-997-4080.